Thursday, January 22, 2009

Injury Update

Well, the injury front does not look good to me. After reading around a bit when I had the chance today, it appears that Gomes will still not be fit for the FA Cup tie this weekend, and neither will King, Hutton, Woodgate, Dawson, Jenas, O'Hara and Lennon. I'm not sure about the status of Corluka, but it'll be tough either way.

Cesar should complete his move to Valencia on Friday, so Alnwick will certainly line up in goal, with Gunter, Corluka (if fit), Zokora, BAE, Bentley, Modric, Huddlestone, Bale, Defoe and Pavlyuchenko would be my lineup, though I'm not sure what Harry will do.

I've read in several spots that Man City are now in the race for Cudicini, are they just trying to sign everyone we're interested in? Nothing else has been heard about Harper, so our goalkeeping problems could continue. Shorey, Fred, and Hunt are still being mentioned, though not nearly as often, so who knows what will happen there. Nothing else new on the Burdisso front, with Materazzi looking less and less likely to happen.

Oh, since I didn't do player ratings for the Burnley match, I found this and found it pretty close to my opinions on some of the players. http://www.oleole.com/blogs/harryhotspur/posts/the-player-slatings

No comments:

Post a Comment