Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Palacios In?

Well, it looks like Wilson Palacios has agreed to terms with Tottenham. He is at the Lane for a medical and the Sun and the Daily Mail are reporting that he has agreed personal terms. Like I said earlier, I think he's talented, and will add bite to the midfield. I wonder, he moved for 1 million quid last year, and now Wigan are getting 14 million for him, I hope he plays well, but it will be difficult for a holding midfielder to live up to the expectations of the price tag. But he's young and combative, and if he helps shore things up, I think he'll do well.

And also, a bid for the Argentine defender Nicolas Burdisso has been accepted by Inter for around 8 million pounds. It's funny, when Harry was in Milan next week, we heard about Adriano, Crespo, even Christian Abbiatti, but I didn't hear a peep about this player. I suppose this is the reason he made the trek to the continent last week. He can play right back, as well as center half, so he will make for great cover throughout the squad. I've only seen Inter play a few times this year, and didn't take much notice of him to be perfectly honest. With him coming in for this amount, and with Ledley still out for awhile, do you think Corluka would slide inside and pair up with Woodgate, and Burdisso play at right back?

No word on any other moves, nothing concrete on Stephen Hunt or Nicky Shorey, or Steve Harper either. Oh, I did read that Harry is looking at Fred again after realizing he isn't going to secure the services of Kenwye Jones. Ten more days in the window, we'll see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment