Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Official Lineup for Burnley

As expected, Ben Alnwick is in between the pipes for us this evening. The lineup is as follows.

Alnwick, Gunter, Dawson, Woodgate, Assou-Ekotto, Bentley, Zokora, Modric, Huddlestone, O'Hara, Defoe.

A few changes from what I was thinking, but not too many. The back four should do fine, I'm going to give BAE another chance, and not swear the first time he has a bad touch on the ball.

Running a five-man midfield makes a lot of sense, since we don't need the goals. The comments were correct about the midfield, and Bent and Pavlyuchenko being eligible for the squad. I think I didn't mention Bent earlier because of a mental blockage, but he didn't make the bench today. If his confidence wasn't shattered before, it certainly is now. Defoe as a lone striker will be interesting, he's not one who can hold up play.

Here's the bench: Cesar, Rocha, Bale, Taarabt, Pavlyuchenko, Campbell, Giovanni.

I would save Pavy until the weekend, to make sure he's fully fit, and to give Campbell a run out if Defoe needs to subbed. This also might be a good time to see how Giovanni plays for Harry, and to get Taarabt on the field as well.

I have DVR'd the match, since I can't sneak away from the office. I will watch when I get home and post my review as soon as I finish watching our Spurs play.

Come on you Spurs!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment