Monday, January 26, 2009

More Signings for the Club

Well, Chimbonda is on his way back south. Whoever makes the gloves for the club will be happy, since he wears them all of the time, no matter how hot or cold it is. Like I said in one of my previous posts, I think he's soft, but he will make for cover in the back. Corluka can play centrally a good bit of the time now, but I'd still prefer him on the flank instead of Chimbonda, but oh well.

On happier transfer news, the deal for Cudicini is done, with Soccernet reporting it was a free. Other sites have said it was around 2-2.5 million pounds, so I'm not sure. I've always thought he was a good keeper, and will do a good job of competing for the Number 1 shirt with the club. I expect he'll be in the net tomorrow night against Stoke, and hopefully we'll see him settle quickly.

More stuff today about Fred coming to the Lane for Dos Santos and some cash, and the next offer for Kenwye Jones is said to be Darren Bent, plus 6 million. Also, we're reportedly offering 4 million for Nicky Shorey, and the rumors of Robbie Keane coming back to the Lane will not die, especially after being left out of the team for the FA Cup tie on Saturday. With Defoe and Chimbonda both back with the club, it wouldn't be beyond the realm of possibility, though I still doubt it. Though I certainly wouldn't mind at all.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to drink heavily to try and forget about the Chimbonda signing.

No comments:

Post a Comment