Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Keane to Captain Spurs

With Robbie now back in the fold, it appears he is going to serve as captain most of the time. In an article I read last night, Robbie is going to serve as "team captain" while Ledley will remain the "club captain." I guess Woodgate is giving up the vice-captaincy, with Keane preparing to lead the side out against Arsenal on Sunday. I can't say that I'm surprised about this, he was the acting captain when he was here before. I think this will serve us well, Woody has been great, but I think we need someone to take the team by the scruff of the neck and lead us back to mid-table respectability.

Also, even though the window is shut, Stephen Appiah is still rumored to be signing for the club, unless Arsenal sneak under our nose and sign him. I'm still wondering about this possible signing, with us already have Zokora, Palacios, and Huddlestone in a holding midfield role. But if he's on a free transfer, it couldn't hurt to have him in the fold.

No comments:

Post a Comment