Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Lineup for Shakhtar?

We all know that Harry is not considering the UEFA Cup a priority at this point, especially with all of the matches that are on the docket currently. I think we all expect to have a lineup that is made up of the youth squad tomorrow, so I thought I would take a crack at that as well. Here is what I think the lineup will be tomorrow, along with my prediction on the match.

Gomes,

Gunter, Dawson (C), Zokora, Chimbonda,

Bentley, Parrett, Bostock, Huddlestone, Dos Santos,

Bent/Campbell

I haven't made a decision on whether Harry will run out Bent tomorrow or Frazier Campbell again. I'm leaning toward Campbell because Bent might be in the squad for Sunday. I doubt Jenas will be given a run out because he will be rested ahead of Sunday. Gomes would play as a warm-up to Sunday since Cudicini is cup-tied.

Seeing Bostock and Parrett in the side would be good, we can really get an opinion of them with 90 minutes, though if Harry really wants it to be a youth side, he might give Obika or Adam Smith a start as well, but I don't think that will happen.

I think we'll play better tomorrow night, but nearly well enough to advance. I feel bad for all the people at the Lane who've paid full price for a ticket, since we're sending out a reserve side basically with little hope of advancing in the competition, but a relegation battle is a relegation battle.

Result: Tottenham Hotspur 1-0 Shakhtar

No comments:

Post a Comment