Thursday, February 26, 2009

Team news ahead of Shakhtar

Well David Bentley is relieved, he was left out of the team for tonight's match against Shakhtar. When I first saw that, I did a double-take, but it makes sense. With him not being in the team for tonight, he will most certainly play some role at Wembley on Sunday against United in the Cup final. With his performances as of late, this probably comes not as just a surprise to him, but to the followers as well. Maybe the faith that Harry is showing in him will help his morale and bring out the player that was at Blackburn last year.

Onto players that are actually included in the side for the match tonight. Jamie O'Hara is back in the side after a long time out with a hip injury, and I am glad to see him back. He's a battler and you can count on him for a solid performance each match. I think Harry will use him for a half or so to help get his fitness back for the Final on Sunday. I think we might see Dos Santos for one half and O'Hara for another, giving Gio one last chance to impress Harry.

I wish players like Taarabt and Rocha were eligible for the contest tonight. This would be a great time to get both of them a run-out, and a great chance for the followers to see Taarabt for 90 minutes. I'm excited to see more of him and was impressed with the hat trick he had in the reserves games this week.

When I get the actual lineups I will post it here, but for now, here's my updated thoughts about the starting 11.

Gomes

Gunter, Dawson (C), Zokora, Chimbonda

Bostock, Huddlestone, Parrett, O'Hara

Campbell, Obika

I would expect to see Dos Santos and perhaps Adam Smith get in the match in the second half sometime. Let's hope for a good result tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment