Friday, April 3, 2009

Petrov to Spurs?

Manchester City winger Martin Petrov, who was a target of ours in 2007, is supposedly on the block this summer, and City would be prepared to take a loss on the 4.7 million pounds they paid for him. I remember thinking that Petrov would have been a good signing when he was a target of ours.

Petrov has fallen out of favor with Mark Hughes since he picked up a knee injury in October, and while I'm always skeptical of us buying players who have been sitting on the bench somewhere else, I think this is more of an injury case and City having silly money to spend.

One rumor that I have read is that David Bentley could be heading to City for Petrov and some cash in a swap deal. Putting Bentley out of his misery would be a good thing at this point, the lad has certainly had a season he'd rather forget.

Petrov is quick, has good speed, a good left foot, and scored several goals for City last season. At the moment I am perfectly happy with Luka Modric on the left with the form we've been showing, but I know that Harry will be looking for improvements in the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment