Thursday, April 30, 2009

Striker Down for Tottenham

Darren Bent has been ruled out for at least two weeks, possibly longer, with a ligament injury in his knee. That means he will definitely be out against West Brom and Everton, and just be coming back to fitness when we face Manchester City.

If this was almost any other player I would say that we wouldn't see him on the pitch until the next preseason, but since I have a feeling Harry will be wanting to offload him in the summer, he will probably try and get him some time, at the worst against Liverpool, to show potential buyers the goods aren't damaged.

Bent had finally started to show a little more form, and then he goes and picks up a knock. I assume the injury occurred when he went down early in the second half. He shouldn't be out for too long, since he was able to continue playing. I'm hoping he makes it back, I never like to see a player injured.

No comments:

Post a Comment