Monday, April 6, 2009

Who Will Harry Sell in the Summer?

The rumors have now begun in earnest about who Spurs will be selling this summer. I thought I would run down the percentages of who would be moving on in the summer very quickly.

David Bentley: 99% Nothing is ever 100% in this world, so I will make it 99% on his being moved on this summer. It's not totally his fault that his time here at the club has been a failure. His price tag was extremely inflated in the summer, and so expectations were always going to be high. The other problems involve him being played down the left side much of the time he's been on the field, and let's be honest his left leg is not good for much more than standing on. The other problem has been the scintillating form of Aaron Lennon, which has kept him from playing his natural position all season. It's too bad since he was a fan of the team growing up, but that's how life goes.

Darren Bent: 95% Even though he is playing, Harry doesn't rate Bent, and he was close to being sold in January. The comment after the Portsmouth game probably sealed his fate. Like Bentley, too high a price tag, so expectations were high, and he didn't live up to them. Personally, I won't miss him too much.

Roman Pavlyuchenko: 55% I say this because Harry doesn't seem to love the big Russian and might want to put more of his stamp on the strikers. Bent had recovered by Saturday, but I thought it would have been a good time to give Roman a run-out, but Harry thought otherwise. Hasn't settled this year, but I would want to give him another season.

Jermaine Jenas: 40% With the way he's been in the side as of late, I don't think Harry wants to sell him on, but there still will be the rumors. I think he's been playing better as of late, but it's a love him or hate him case most of the time with most Spurs fans. I'm very confident that he'll be here next season.

Gareth Bale: 65% I don't think we should be giving up on Gareth as of late, but I think he'll be moving on, if for no other reason than he'll be wanting first-team football next year, and I don't think Harry believes he's ready.

That's the list for the moment, the big names that are being rumored. We'll see what happens as the summer goes along.

No comments:

Post a Comment